- Who can register for SAM?
- Do I need to be an SFT member to attend?
- Is there an early-bird rate?
- How do I register and pay?
- Where will SAM 2018 be held?
- Where exactly is the médiathèque located on the campus?
- What do I need to bring with me?
- What should I do if I'm late or have to leave early?
- What is a translation slam?
- How do I find out more about SAM?
- How do I register for the social activities?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- I've signed up to the Attendees Page, but haven't yet received a confirmation email. Why?
SAM is open to all translators regardless of their level of experience in medical translation. Beginning medical translators are more than welcome to attend. The only requirement is that English and French be among their working languages.
Do I need to be an SFT member to attend?
Is there an early-bird rate?
An early-bird rate is available until 19 February 2018. Visit SFT’s SAM 2018 page (in French only) for more information.
How do I register and pay?
All registrations must be made via SFT’s SAM 2018 page (in French only). Payment must be received by 5 March 2018 and may be made by credit card or by check drawn on a French bank in euros.
Where will SAM 2018 be held?
It will be held at Médiathèque Paul Zech at the Lyon Est medical school, in Lyon. The school is located just across the street from Edouard Herriot Hospital and is easily accessible by metro, tram, and bus.
Where exactly is the médiathèque located on the campus?
The médiathèque is located opposite the 'Crous' dining hall in the eastern corner of the campus at 10 rue Volney.
- To reach it, go through the medical school’s main building (near the tram stop), exit out the opposite end, and head towards the dining hall (the médiathèque will be on your right).
- Or follow avenue Rockefeller, turn right on rue Volney, and go through the small gate next to the 'Crous' dining hall at 6 rue Volney (the médiathèque will be on your left).
What do I need to bring with me?
If you have a laptop or mobile device, you might want to bring it along to search for terms online, download handouts (SAM Attendees page), and work on translations. Feel free to also bring examples of your work to share with the other attendees. SAM is also a great networking opportunity, so don’t forget to bring your business cards or brochures with you.
What should I do if I’m late or have to leave early?
We understand that problems can arise. Just contact one of the organisers to let them know. Their contact information will be provided in the practical information PDF posted on the SAM Attendees page.
We advise that you read SFT Service’s internal by-laws (Règlement intérieur) before attending SAM. You will find them on the SAM Attendees page.
What is a translation slam?
It’s a sort of “duel” between two translators. For more information, click here.
How do I find out more about SAM?
- Follow SFT on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for updates.
- Go to SFT's SAM 2018 page.
- Visit the Previous Editions page.
How do I register for the social activities?
To register, go to the SAM Attendees page (login and password required). Please note that not all the social activities are included in the registration fee. For more information, see the Social Activities page.
What is your cancellation policy?
All registrations are final once payment is processed. Refunds will be given only to attendees who provide SFT Services with a valid reason for cancellation (e.g. justified with a physician's note) no fewer than five business days before the first day of the seminar. No refunds will be given in any other case. However, you may send someone else in your place after duly informing SFT Services beforehand.
I've signed up to the Attendees Page, but haven't yet received a confirmation email. Why?