Following the cancellation of the 2020 edition and the continuing uncertainty in 2022 preventing us from organising a new edition, it is with great pleasure that we invite you to join us for the Medical English Seminar 2023 (SAM 2023) in Lyon from 11 to 15 September.
SAM 2023 will take place at:
- CAMPUS HEP Lyon – René Cassin
- 47 rue Sergent Michel Berthet
- 69009 Lyon
Held once every two years, SAM is the go-to event for professional French/English medical translators of all backgrounds and levels of experience seeking to expand their knowledge and skills in medical translation.
It provides a forum where they can come together and:
- Attend presentations given by medical experts and other translation-industry professionals.
- Acquire and broaden knowledge and skills in medical translation.
- Participate in translation workshops and terminology sessions.
- Collaborate and share ideas and techniques.
- Meet and engage with speakers and fellow attendees from all around the world.
SAM 2023 will cover a broad range of topics, including:
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder,
- neuroanaesthesia, and
The five days will also feature a number of social activities and culminate in a translation slam.
Registration is now open > registration to SAM 2023
More information will be added shortly. Please check back soon or contact the organising committee at
We look forward to seeing you again or meeting you for the first time!
SFT Services and the SAM 2023 Organising Committee
Carol Bereuter – Sandrine Constant-Scagnetto – Pascale Garoux – Iris Heres