- Who can register for SAM?
- Do I need to be an SFT member to attend?
- Is there an early-bird rate?
- How do I register and pay?
- Where will SAM 2023 be held?
- Is the cost of SAM reimbursed by FIF PL ?
- What do I need to bring with me?
- What should I do if I'm late or have to leave early?
- What is a translation slam?
- How do I find out more about SAM?
- How do I register for the social activities?
- What is your cancellation policy?
SAM is open to all translators regardless of their level of experience in medical translation. Beginning medical translators are more than welcome to attend. The only requirement is that English and French be among their working languages.
Do I need to be an SFT member to attend?
Is there an early-bird rate?
An early-bird rate (separate from the discounted rate) is available until 31 July 2023. Prices are given on the SFT Services SAM 2023 page.
How do I register and pay?
Registration is now open and must be carried out ll registrations must be made via SFT Services SAM 2023 page. Payment must be received by credit card or by check drawn on a French bank in euros.
Is the cost of SAM reimbursed by FIF PL?
If you are a profession libérale residing and working in France and you have paid your continuing professional development contributions, all or a portion of the registration fee for SAM may be reimbursed by FIF PL. The amount reimbursed will depend on how much is left in your allotted budget for the calendar year. As a reminder, FIF PL only reimburses registration costs; it does not cover travel, subsistence, or accommodation expenses. For more information, visit the FIF PL website.
Where will SAM 2023 be held?
SAM 2023 will be held at CAMPUS HEP Lyon – René Cassin, 47 rue Sergent Michel Berthet in Lyon’s 9th arrondissement. The campus is within a 2-minute walk of the Gorge de Loup multimodal transfer station (bus, metro, train).
What do I need to bring with me?
If you have a laptop or mobile device, you might want to bring it along to search for terms online, download handouts from the SFT Services SAM page, and work on translations. Feel free to also bring examples of your work to share with other attendees. SAM is also a great networking opportunity, so don’t forget to bring your business cards or brochures with you.
What should I do if I’m late or have to leave early?
We understand that problems can arise. Just contact one of the organisers to let them know. Their contact information will be provided in the practical information PDF available on the SFT Services SAM page.
What is a translation slam?
It’s a sort of “duel” between two translators. For more information, click here.
How do I find out more about SAM?
- Follow SFT Services on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Follow SFT on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram for updates.
- Visit the website.
- For information about the general organisation of SAM, contact the organising committee at
- For information about registration, payment, and cancellations, contact Lorena Sorel at
- Visit the Previous Editions page.
How do I register for the social activities?
To register, go to your individual SFT Services page (login and password required). Please note that not all the social activities are included in the registration fee. For more information, see the Social Activities page.
What is your cancellation policy?
All registrations are final once payment is processed. Refunds will be given only to attendees who provide SFT Services with a valid reason for cancellation (e.g. justified with a physician's note) no fewer than five business days before the first day of the training session. No refunds will be given in any other case. However, you may send someone else in your place after duly informing SFT Services beforehand.