- Who can register for SAM?
- Do I need to be an SFT member to attend?
- Is there an early-bird rate?
- How do I register and pay?
- Where will SAM 2020 be held?
- What do I need to bring with me?
- What should I do if I'm late or have to leave early?
- What is a translation slam?
- How do I find out more about SAM?
- How do I register for the social activities?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- I've signed up to the Attendees Page, but haven't yet received a confirmation email. Why?
SAM is open to all translators regardless of their level of experience in medical translation. Beginning medical translators are more than welcome to attend. The only requirement is that English and French be among their working languages.
Do I need to be an SFT member to attend?
Is there an early-bird rate?
An early-bird rate is available until a certain date before the course. Visit SFT’s SAM 2020 page (coming soon and in French only) for more information.
How do I register and pay?
All registrations must be made via SFT’s SAM 2020 page (coming soon and in French only). Payment must be received by credit card or by check drawn on a French bank in euros.
Where will SAM 2020 be held?
Given the current health emergency associated with the Covid-19 epidemic, the SAM 2020 organising committee has made the difficult but necessary decision to postpone the seminar until spring 2021. More information will be provided shortly.
What do I need to bring with me?
If you have a laptop or mobile device, you might want to bring it along to search for terms online, download handouts (SAM Attendees page), and work on translations. Feel free to also bring examples of your work to share with the other attendees. SAM is also a great networking opportunity, so don’t forget to bring your business cards or brochures with you.
What should I do if I’m late or have to leave early?
We understand that problems can arise. Just contact one of the organisers to let them know. Their contact information will be provided in the practical information PDF posted on the SAM Attendees page.
We advise that you read SFT Service’s internal by-laws (Règlement intérieur) before attending SAM. You will find them on the SAM Attendees page.
What is a translation slam?
It’s a sort of “duel” between two translators. For more information, click here.
How do I find out more about SAM?
- Follow SFT on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for updates.
- Go to SFT's SAM 2020 page (coming soon and in French only).
- For information about the general organisation of SAM, contact the organising committee at
- For information about registration, payment, and cancellations, contact Lorena Sorel at
- Visit the Previous Editions page.
How do I register for the social activities?
To register, go to the SAM Attendees page (login and password required). Please note that not all the social activities are included in the registration fee. For more information, see the Social Activities page.
What is your cancellation policy?
All registrations are final once payment is processed. Refunds will be given only to attendees who provide SFT Services with a valid reason for cancellation (e.g. justified with a physician's note) no fewer than five business days before the first day of the seminar. No refunds will be given in any other case. However, you may send someone else in your place after duly informing SFT Services beforehand.
I've signed up to the Attendees Page, but haven't yet received a confirmation email. Why?
All registrations must be processed by an admin, and we aim to respond to all requests as quickly as possible. If, despite our best efforts, you do not receive confirmation of your registration within 24 hours, please email